- ASL AZTI shall provide training in AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (both expressive and receptive skills) ranging from beginning to advanced levels of students. ASL AZTI shall provide training in Deaf culture to participants.
- ASL AZTI shall utilize instructors who possess great skill in ASL instruction and are recognized as leaders within the Deaf community.
- ASL AZTI shall provide a variety of educational opportunities for the participants. ASL and Deaf culture instruction will be provided via the disciplines of classes, workshops, and lectures during our immersion retreat.
- ASL AZTI shall provide opportunities to Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals to instruct ASL classes and lectures concerning Deaf culture.
- ASL AZTI shall provide educational opportunities for professionals working with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing population to increase their expressive and receptive communication skills.
- ASL AZTI shall provide educational opportunities for hearing parents of Deaf and Hard of Hearing children increase their ASL communication skills and understanding of Deaf culture.
- ASL AZTI shall provide Continuing Educational Units (CEUs) for RID certified interpreters and other credentialing bodies when appropriate.
- NOTE: RID CEU sponsorship is being sought for up to 4.0 Professional Studies CEUs. More information will be provided upon approval.
- ASL AZTI adheres to a NO voicing rule during our 5-day, immersion experience. It is the experience of our instructors and a time-test fact that total and complete immersion into ASL is the best way to learn the language, participants will quickly realize how fun, challenging, and regarding the process is as an unparalleled education experience. This can only be achieved with full cooperation so... turn off your voice and open your eyes and mind!
© Copyright ASL Arizona Total Immersion, LLC 2005 - 2023. All rights reserved.